Discover what type of treatments in the summer can help exfoliate, smooth & brighten your skin. At Advanced Skin Care we are pleased to offer our clients some of the best chemical peels in esthetics. Peels are a wonderful way to address uneven skin texture, brown pigmentation, acne/acne scarring, elasticity, and overall skin health. We customize the peel specifically for your skin type and your skincare needs.
Chemical peels are typically done in the cooler weather months, but there are some peels that are designed to help strengthen your skin during the warmer months. Superficial peels lightly exfoliate skin cells and increase collagen. These types of peels are good for rejuvenating the epidermis and upper dermal layers of skin.
- Unclogged pores
- Improved smoothness and softness
- Lightening of dark spots
- Reduction in fine lines
- Healing of acne blemishes
- Brighter skin tone
- Improved absorption of other skincare products, such as serums or moisturizers
What to expect –
It is common to have some reddening of the skin, slight burning or stinging, mild swelling, “frosted” patches of whitish or ashy-looking skin, and a little skin sensitivity. You can expect to see some mild peeling within a day or two of your treatment. Do not pick at the peeling skin or scrub it harshly. Doing so could cause scarring or irritation. It is important to avoid exposure to direct sunlight for several days after your peel and be sure to apply sunscreen before going outdoors. If your skin blisters, becomes extremely red or painful or feels burned, please contact your aesthetician or doctor.
Spring Promotion – for the entire month of May
Receive 10% off all Advanced Skin Care Sunscreen Products!
Enjoy some fun in the sun but let our experienced and trusted estheticians teach you how to reverse and prevent sun damage.
Skin cancer awareness month reminds people of the danger excessive UV exposure can cause. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States, affecting one in five Americans in their lifetime.
At Advanced Skin Care we seek to find the best medical grade sunscreens rich with antioxidant-powered formulations is based on leading-edge science. Each bottle contains the highest quality
Important reminders when using sunscreen:
- Apply generous amounts of sunscreen to dry skin 15 minutes before you go outdoors.
- Use sunscreen on all skin surfaces that will be exposed to the sun, such as your neck, the tops of your feet, your ears, and the top of your head. Apply a lip balm or lipstick with an SPF of least 30 to your lips.
- Since UV light can pass through clouds, use sunscreen even when it’s cloudy.
- Check the sunscreen’s expiration date.
- Avoid using sunscreen on children younger than age 6 months. Instead, try to limit sun exposure.
Use sunscreen year-round, but don’t let any product lull you into a false sense of security about sun exposure. A combination of shade, clothing, sunscreen, and common sense is your best bet.